Wrongful Death Lawyer in San Angelo
Powerful Representation for Grieving Families
There is no way that anyone could set a monetary amount for the value of someone you loved. However, if your beloved family member died in an untimely manner due to another person’s irresponsibility and negligence, the justice system in Texas provides a way to seek financial retribution. Although this will never make up for the lost life of your loved one, compensation can help you and your family survive in the midst of an excruciating time. Reach out to Jeff Chandler Law to have the full support of our dedicated San Angelo wrongful death attorney.
Contact a wrongful death lawyer in San Angelo onlineor call (325) 309-5846 for help with your case.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
The sudden loss of family is extremely difficult, especially when it is caused by the negligence of another. Wrongful death can happen out of the blue and may be caused by many factors or situations.
Below are some of the most common causes of wrongful death:
- Serious car or motor vehicle accidents -- this includes accidents caused by driver or operator negligence (speeding, reckless driving, driving under the influence, etc.), a defective product in the vehicle which caused the accident, the city’s failure to maintain safe roads, and more.
- Truck accidents -- trucks are much larger than other motor vehicles and are more likely to cause death in an accident. Other factors in these types of accidents include driver errors such as driving an overloaded truck, driving while fatigued, and more.
- Defective products -- manufacturers of products are held liable if a person dies from using or consuming a product. This includes toxic food, unsafe products for children, defective car parts, and more.
- Workplace accidents -- some occupations are high risk because they involve manual labor (for example, construction jobs). Other jobs may be risky because they require long shifts which may lead to fatigue, exhaustion, and a car accident on the way home.
- Medical malpractice -- serious mistakes by medical personnel, whether misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose a condition, surgical errors and more.
If your loved one died due to a serious accident, reach out to our San Angelo wrongful death attorney. We are backed by more than 17 years of experience in personal injury and know how to best help your family. Reach out to us today.
Statute of Limitations for Wrongful Death
In the state of Texas, the statute of limitations for wrongful death cases is onlytwo years starting from the date of the victim’s death. This means you must file a wrongful death suit within two years after your loved one had passed. It may sound like a long time, however, if you plan to file a case, it is best to get started right away to ensure that your case is solid. Reach out to skilled San Angelo wrongful death lawyers at Jeff Chandler Law for a consultation.
You're Entitled to Compensation After Wrongful Death
When a person has acted in a negligent or careless manner that leads to the untimely death of someone else, this egregious action, or failure to take appropriate life-saving actions, needs to be accordingly penalized. The perpetrator may be a single individual or perhaps a whole corporation is at fault for inappropriate practices. No matter who is liable, however, the family members who survive are entitled to financial compensation for the lethal pain and suffering of their loved one.
In the state of Texas, the survivors of wrongful death victims are able to claim compensation for:
- Costs required to pay for funeral and memorial services
- The lost salary and wages which the decedent was earning to care of the rest of the family
- Any inheritance which was lost on account of the decedent’s early passing
- The emotional and mental pain endured by the surviving family members
- Lost companionship, support, advice, or care for dependent adults and children within the family on account of the victim’s untimely death
If the loss of your loved one was a wrongful death, you are entitled to compensation that can help bring you a peace of mind after everything you have already endured. Reach out to an experienced wrongful death lawyer near you in San Angelo today. Jeff Chandler Law is prepared to provide support for your case.
Who Is Able to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
According to the state laws of Texas, only certain people are able to file a claim for wrongful death after the passing of a loved one. Any spouse, child, or parent who survives is allowed to file a lawsuit in the civil court of Texas. In certain cases, if three months have passed and none of these individuals are able or desire to file the claim, then an “executor” (someone who has been given the role of the administrator or representative of the estate), is able to file the lawsuit.
Why Obtain Support for a Wrongful Death Claim?
The state of Texas has set a statute of limitations that requires wrongful death claims be filed in a certain limited amount of time. The statute of limitations is two years following a victim’s passing. While it might seem like this is a long time, many grieving family members are surprised to find how quickly the time passes. It is essential to seek support in filing a claim from our experienced wrongful death lawyer in San Angelo.
If the thought of filing a claim fills you with anxiety and dread, Jeff Chandler Law wants you to know that you are not alone. Let our wrongful death lawyer in San Angelo take the burden of settling extensive costs and debts by helping you file a claim, so you and your family can focus on supporting each other in this challenging time.
Aggressive, Experienced, and Compassionate Counsel
We Offer Our Clients Personalized Attention & Care
We Are Always Accessible & Reachable to Our Clients
We Fight for Fair and Adequate Compensation for Those Who Have Sustained Losses Through No Fault of Their Own