San Angelo Premises Liability Lawyer
Holding Negligent Property Owners Accountable
Accidents on someone else's property can lead to a complex legal situation known as premises liability. At Jeff Chandler Law, we specialize in representing clients in San Angelo and the surrounding areas who have suffered injuries due to unsafe conditions on another person's property. If you or a loved one has been harmed in such a situation, it's crucial to understand your legal rights and your options.
Call Jeff Chandler Law today at (325) 309-5846 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our premises liability attorney in San Angelo!
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability holds property owners or occupants responsible for injuries due to negligence or unsafe conditions. This area of law covers many situations, including slips and falls, dog bites, elevator accidents, swimming pool incidents, and more.
Property owners and occupants, such as businesses or homeowners, must maintain a reasonably safe environment for visitors and guests. When they fail to do so and their negligence results in injuries, they can be held liable for the damages suffered by the injured party.
Common examples of premises liability cases include:
- Slip and Falls: When property owners fail to address hazards like wet floors, uneven surfaces, or unmarked obstacles, leading to slips and falls.
- Inadequate Security: If a property owner doesn't provide adequate security measures, it leads to criminal activity or assaults on their premises.
- Dog Bites: Owners can be held responsible for their dog's aggressive behavior, leading to injuries to others.
- Defective Conditions: When a property has defects, like broken stairs, loose handrails, or exposed wiring, that injure visitors.
Recovering Damages in Your Premises Liability Claim
If you've sustained injuries on another's property in San Angelo, potential recoverable damages include:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation for past and future medical bills.
- Lost Wages: Reimbursement for income loss due to the incident.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for physical and emotional distress.
- Property Damage: Coverage for damaged personal belongings.
- Disability or Disfigurement: Additional compensation for permanent injuries.
- Loss of Consortium: Damages for the impact on family relationships.
Specific recoverable damages vary based on your case's unique circumstances. Consult our experienced San Angelo premises liability lawyer for personalized guidance."
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Premises Liability Claim in Texas?
In Texas, as in many other states, specific time limits, known as statutes of limitations, dictate how long you have to file a premises liability lawsuit. These time limits are in place to ensure that legal actions are pursued promptly while evidence and witnesses are still accessible.
For premises liability cases in Texas, the statute of limitations is generally two years from the date of the incident. This means you must file your lawsuit within this two-year window, or you may lose your right to seek compensation.
However, there can be exceptions to this rule, depending on the circumstances of your case. For example, if the injured party is a minor, the statute of limitations may be extended. To fully understand how the statute of limitations applies to your case, it's essential to consult with an experienced San Angelo premises liability attorney as soon as possible.
Contact Our San Angelo Premises Liability Attorney Today
At Jeff Chandler Law, we are dedicated to helping the residents of San Angelo and the surrounding areas who have been injured due to the negligence of property owners or occupants. Premises liability cases can be legally complex, but we have the experience and expertise to navigate the legal system on your behalf.
If you've suffered injuries on someone else's property, acting swiftly and consulting with a qualified San Angelo premises liability lawyer is crucial. We are here to protect your rights, help you recover the compensation you deserve, and provide the support you need during this challenging time.
Contact Jeff Chandler Law today to schedule a case evaluation with our premises liability lawyer in San Angelo!
Aggressive, Experienced, and Compassionate Counsel
We Offer Our Clients Personalized Attention & Care
We Are Always Accessible & Reachable to Our Clients
We Fight for Fair and Adequate Compensation for Those Who Have Sustained Losses Through No Fault of Their Own