Motorcycle accidents can be devastating and life-altering events. Unfortunately, San Angelo, TX has seen an increase in motorcycle accidents over the past few years. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to take the right steps to ensure your safety and legal protection.
1. Seek Medical AttentionThe most important thing to do after a motorcycle accident is to seek medical attention. Even if you feel that you are not injured, it is important to get checked out by a doctor to ensure that you have not sustained any internal injuries or trauma. A medical professional can also assess any visible injuries and provide advice on how to best manage them.
2. Document the AccidentIf you are able, document the accident. Take pictures of the scene, including any damage to the vehicles and the surrounding area. If you are able, take pictures of your injuries, as well. Make sure to get the contact information of any witnesses and exchange insurance information with the other driver.
3. Contact the PoliceIt is important to contact the police and file a report after a motorcycle accident. The police report can be used as evidence in any legal proceedings. Make sure to provide an accurate and detailed account of the accident and the events that led up to it.
4. Contact Your Insurance CompanyOnce you have documented the accident and contacted the police, you should contact your insurance company. Make sure to provide your insurance company with all of the information and evidence that you have collected. Your insurance company can help you to determine the best course of action and provide advice on how to proceed.
5. Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer
The final step to take after a motorcycle accident is to contact a personal injury lawyer. An experienced lawyer can help you to understand your rights and ensure that you are properly compensated for your injuries and losses.
Motorcycle accidents can be traumatic and life-altering events. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident in San Angelo, TX, it is important to take the right steps to ensure your safety and legal protection. Make sure to seek medical attention, document the accident, contact the police, contact your insurance company, and contact a personal injury lawyer. JChandlerLaw is here to assist you with your motorcycle accident case. Call us today to learn more!